Health benefits of Plums
- Plums are low in calories
- Strong in antioxidants, minerals and vitamins
- Plum helps relieve constipation problems.
- Plum is a moderate source of vitamin C which is also a powerful natural antioxidant.
- Plum is a moderate source of vitamin A and beta-carotene. Vitamin A is essential for good eyesight and also helps to protect from lung and oral cavity cancers.
- Plums are plentiful in minerals like potassium, fluoride and iron. Iron is required for red blood cell formation. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
- In addition, the berries are a moderate sources in B-complex groups of vitamins and vitamin K. Vitamin K is essential for many clotting factors function in the blood as well as in bone metabolism and help reduce Alzheimer’s disease in the elderly.